Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Recipe: Curry Carrot Puree

I have a quasi potluck thing going down tomorrow, so I decided to through together some puree.  I just threw in flavors on a whim but it turned out well.  The orange zest was a last minute add because the puree needed a bit of acid.  No measurements on the recipe, I'm not so good with those.  I also had a potluck over my spring break, where me and a couple of friends made ravioli from scratch and a tomato, lentil, pork stew.  I knew the ravioli was gonna turn out tasty, but the stew was surprisingly popular as well.

Equipment:
Steamer
Pot
Knife
Blender
Spatula? (to scrape out the blender)

Ingredients:
Carrots
Clean Water
Butter
Curry Powder
Cayenne
Dill
Kosher Salt
Pepper
Orange Zest

Method:
1. Steam carrots until they are fork tender.
     -Check for fork tenderness with a knife.  It should go in easily, but not come out.
2. Blend steamed carrots with butter and the water used for steaming.
     -Add water "to taste" so that the puree is that the thickness you desire
3. Add the remaining ingredients (curry powder, cayenne, dill, salt, pepper, and orange zest) to taste.

3.5. Top with something (like dried dill) when serving if you don't want your puree to look like a pile of baby food (which I don't really mind myself)

No comments:

Post a Comment