Blender or Food Processor (Processor would be better)
1 head cauliflower
about 2 Tbsp Butter (change this according to taste)
1. Cut the cauliflower into medium, uniform pieces.
2. Steam cauliflower until fork tender.
3. Add cauliflower, the steaming water, and butter to a blender and blend until mostly smooth
- add more water for a thinner puree and less for a thicker one (to your preference again)
4. Add salt and pepper to taste
Pickled Onion Relish:
|This is a red spring onion|
Jar or Bowl
1 Whole Red Spring Onion (remember to peel off the outer layers)
Red Pepper Flakes
1. Slice off the stem of the onion.
2. Cut the bulb in half lengthwise, then proceed to (as thinly as you can) slice the onion widthwise. (discarding the root)
3. Slice the stem widthwise as well.
4. Put all ingredients into a container (I used a jar), mix, and let sit for one hour.
-The vinegar to water ratio should be about 1:1.
-The other ingredients should be added according to your taste.
5. Strain out the pickling liquid and enjoy!
|The two products combined|